[Peace-discuss] Mutual Aid Pact

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 27 09:12:46 CST 2002

Barbara,

Thanks for your messages.  You are also inspiring to us!  One of the
grand snafus with our Mutual Aid Pact is that we decided we wanted a
website for the public and database that could be accessed by the
small committee over the web.  This meant that we needed people with
expertise to set it up and assign passwords.  That has gone through
several phases.  It has worked for only a short time.  We have had to
change the server and the software.  This is a major headache without
computer support people who have the necessary resources available.
We seem to have excellent and knowledgeable volunteers to do this,
but it seems that they lack the necessary resources.  I would
strongly advise against doing this unless you have that support. So
the short answer is that the public website is still not up and
available.  I am trying to make that happen in the near future and
will then send you the URL.  Sorry for the long story.