[Peace-discuss] Depleted uranium

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Sun Oct 13 11:25:35 CDT 2002

Subj:    Re: [Gulf-Chat] - Message for citizens of the world
Date:   10/12/02 4:04:57 PM Central Daylight Time
From:   doc at hiksos.com (Rev. George A, Lambert)
To: Dlind49 at aol.com

To Whom it may concern;
Contrary to Popular Opinion and Popular Misperception, DU is a Viable and
effective Weapon against Tanks and other hardened weapon systems and the Lives
and Safety of many of our military personnel may depend upon their effective
utilization.
Always,
The RevDoc

**
MY RESPONSE TO REV. LAMBERT and THE CITIZENS OF THE WORLD:

Yes, DU is an extremely effective weapon against both "hard" and "soft"
targets. Although, it is an effective weapon the health effects of exposure
in those who use it and those who are hit by it, the difficulty of cleaning
up the contaminated wreckage, and the long term permanent contamination
unless the uranium contamination is physically removed make DU an
unacceptable weapon. As to the necessity for using this weapon, tungsten or
conventional high explosive rounds are just as effective and do not leave the
unmanageable contamination and chronic health effects. As to saving lives,
the confirmed increasing U.S. casualty rates, 221502 sick and/or injured and
10324 deaths which are confirmed as VA service connected are in part due to
the extensive exposure to depleted uranium contamination during Gulf War I
and since then within that region coupled with the "denials" of required and
ordered medical care that is still occurring in U.S. friendly fire
casualties, the 3rd U.S. Army's Desert Storm Depleted Uranium team, British
friendly fire casualties, and a thousands of  children, women, and men
(especially of  Vieques, Puerto Rico) who were exposed to DU contamination
make DU an unacceptable weapon.  When I was given responsibility for DU clean
up during the Gulf War by order of General Schwartzkopf, asked to help
prepare the U.S. Army Environmental Policy Institute Report [The Health and
Environmental Consequences of Depleted Uranium (DU) Use] , and then as the
Army's Depleted Uranium project director I went into these tasks initially as
a supporter of depleted uranium munitions use. What I learned about DU use,
clean up, contamination, and the adverse health effects that I and others
have incurred as a consequence of our own exposure to DU contamination during
the Gulf war and consequent research forced me to make an ethical choice
based on real world experience and years of scientific research to urge that
"DEPLETED URANIUM MUNITIONS ARE NEVER USED AGAIN". As disabled veteran who
fought in both the Vietnam War and the Gulf War and as a military officer who
is still serving our nation and it's warriors 34 years since I was sworn in
during 1967, I am not in the least reluctant about using whatever methods are
necessary to win a justifiable battle or war.  I AM VERY CONCERNED MY THOSE
WHO ADVOCATE DEPLETED URANIUM MUNITIONS USE WHEN THEY NEVER HAD TO CLEAN UP
THE BODIES "CRISPY CRITTERS", THE SURVIVING CASUALTIES, CLEAN UP ETERNAL
CONTAMINATION, AND FIGHT FOR MEDICAL CARE.  We cannot legally dispose of even
1 pound of solid depleted uranium which is actually uranium 238 contaminated
with plutonium, neptunium, and americium any place in the United States
without going to jail. Yet U.S. military personnel willfully dispersed and
left over 350 tons in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, approximately 50 tons
in the Balkans, an unknown amount all over Vieques, Puerto Rico (U.S. land
thus affecting U.S. citizens), and an unknown amount on Okinawa then refused
to provide medical care as required by U.S medical directives to all who were
exposed and refused to clean up the contamination as specified by DoD and
Army regulations. I WANT TO EMPHASIZE: "THE USE OF DEPLETED URANIUM MUNITIONS
IS A CRIME AGAINST GOD AND HUMANITY".  I did not come to that conclusion
easily, but, only after years of experience that I acquired because the U.S.
Army and Pentagon officials ordered me to clean up the depleted uranium mess.
 Sometimes even warriors have to make a choice. Today, the choice is urgent
and simple- NEVER USE DU AGAIN!!!

I ask all who receive this message to post it, publish it, and distribute it.
 We must do what is right for God and to protect all citizens of the world.

Thank you,

Dr. Doug Rokke, Ph.D.
Major, U.S. Army Reserve
American warrior and patriot