[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] AWARE notes

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Tue Sep 17 22:01:52 CDT 2002

Estimates from DOD sources was that war was coming within 3-4 weeks before
the announcement of Iraq's decision to let in inspectors.  The probable
casualty rates are scaring many with noncombatant casualty rates not even
discussed.  The BBC is launching a campaign to stop war support actions
within England and outside of England.  I understand from my colleagues in
London that the 6 pm (England time) news dealt with health and environmental
effects of uranium on the upcoming battles and even the more critical the
concept of going nuclear as a first strike option without provocation.  I
believe based on discussions and readings that concerted efforts to stop the
war are absolutely essential through researched articles and radio and
television interviews.  Today a lunch meeting was held attended of many
senior field grade military officers and the war and root causes and possible
outcomes was discussed. Agreement on this is nonsense was reached.  It is
also obvious that information dissemination control is increasing.  We have
need to get articles published in Europe etc. published here in States.

Discussions also indicate that this is all about oil as previously discussed
with Saudi, Iraq, Iran, etc. all potential  targets.