[Peace-discuss] Daschle asks W for apology

R. Brad Scott r.b.s.x.c.o.t.t.nospam at sharpmarble.com
Wed Sep 25 12:51:40 CDT 2002

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=578&u=/nm/20020925/ts_nm/iraq_congress_daschle_dc&printer=1

Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle on Wednesday demanded an apology from
President Bush for comments the South Dakota Democrat said were politicizing

a possible U.S. attack against Iraq.

His voice thick with emotion, Daschle said Bush had insulted Democrats,
many of them veterans of war, in saying the Democratic-controlled
U.S. Senate
was "not interested in the security of the American people."

He said the president ought to apologize to Democrats and the American
people.

"We ought not to politicize this war. We ought not to politicize
the rhetoric about life and death," Daschle said.

R. Brad Scott
r.b.s.x.c.o.t.t.nospam at sharpmarble.com