[Peace-discuss] Fwd:[ANSWER]: Iraqis can't turn off the TV to make (2 of 2

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed Apr 2 07:25:21 CST 2003

Reuters: "We are helpless people. It is all out of our
hands. Why cannot the world find a solution? The whole
world is watching us die and is doing nothing to help us."

The full article can be found at
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=AIXRWPJ3C5TXOCRBAEOCFFA?type=topNews&storyID=2471290

On April 12, people of conscience all over the world are
marching, rallying, and carrying out massive protests in  solidarity with the suffering people of Iraq. The people
who are being killed are not our enemies, they are our
sisters and brothers. They must not be allowed to think  that the world is "doing nothing" as the violence is
inflicted upon them. Thousands of young men and women in  the U.S. armed forces either oppose the war or are going  through a process of questioning about the mission. It is  crucial that the people of the United States come together  to demand: Stop the War Against Iraq / Bring the Troops  Home Now.

  MORE INFORMATION ABOUT APRIL 12

In Washington, huge numbers of people will gather at the  Washington Monument at 12 noon. Joint U.S. actions will
take place in San Francisco and Los Angeles.

BUSES, VANS AND CAR CARAVANS WILL TRAVEL FROM THE EAST  COAST, MIDWEST AND SOUTH to be at the White House on  Saturday, April 12. For a listing of transportation being
organized from cities around the country, go to:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/a12/a12transp.html

If you are ORGANIZING TRANSPORTATION, fill out the  easy-to-use form at
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/a12/index.html#a12transp  so that we can help spread the word to others (if the link  does not take you directly to the form, scroll down)

To DOWNLOAD LITERATURE, go to
http://internationalanswer.org/campaigns/resources/index.html

If you cannot download and print the flyers and stickers,  you can pick up stacks at A.N.S.W.E.R. offices around the  country, or you can call us at 202-544-3389 and request a  packet of flyers. Please make your request immediately so  they can be sent in time for massive distribution.

To make a tax-deductible DONATION to support the work of  the anti-war movement, go to
http://www.internationalanswer.org/donate.html

Please check the April 12 page on the A.N.S.W.E.R. website  at
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/a12/index.html frequently for additional organizing information. This
will include additional pieces of downloadable literature;
a daily update to the list of cities organizing
transportation; logistical information; & more.

*The National March to Stop the War on Iraq comes in the  midst of the long-planned Latin America Solidarity
Coalition (LASC) Mobilization Against Military and
Economic Intervention in Latin America and the Caribbean.  A.N.S.W.E.R. encourages participation in the LASC public
plenaries including major Latin American speakers on
Friday and Saturday at 7:00pm and the LASC rally and
demonstration ending at the World Bank and IMF on Sunday,  April 13. Visit the LASC web page at
http://www.lasolidarity.org for details.*

-------------------------------------

FOR MORE INFORMATION
http://www.InternationalANSWER.org
http://www.VoteNoWar.org
info at internationalanswer.org
New York 212-633-6646
Washington 202-544-3389
Los Angeles 213-487-2368
San Francisco 415-821-6545

To make a tax-deductible donation, go to
http://www.internationalanswer.org/donate.html

Sign up to receive updates (low volume):
http://www.internationalanswer.org/subscribelist.html

Send replies to answer at action-mail.org

This is the ANSWER activist announcement
list. Anyone can subscribe by sending
any messa