[Peace-discuss] My tho'ts on things turning ugly......

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed Apr 2 10:52:31 CST 2003

Dearest Friends,

Suggest moving PfP to campus.  Need  best times to reach greatest number of people that also work for demonstrators.... Short, clear, to-the-point, readable signs and flyers.  Maybe add street theater to PfP,  pre-check w/ the group.......(Die-in/coffin ideas turn me off unless part of a huge/many thousands' demonstration, but others may have different take on this).....Love idea of big bright colorful puppets w/ positive messages..... Defintely time for AWARE to join forces w/ others--TFPJ, e g..... And of course each of us continuing to contact media, UN, members of Congress, sign petition to impeach, etc etc, stay informed, help others to do likewise...... Gotta add this: Encourage Demo candidates to act like Greens, and Greens to support Demos..... we can't afford any more divide and conquer....

Bad sad deal, Lisa.....No surprise that a couple of lowlifes have found an Actual Cause against which to direct their juvenile delinquent tendencies....... You could "win" by refusing to fight these losers, by taking down yr sign bef it's somebody's cat, dog or kid.  (Michael Moore would make a video showing home-owner putting up a sign that sez "Fresh Stew Meat 25 cents a pound" and then interviewing the guys who made the deposits...... But he doesn't have to replace windows or paint over raw eggs thrown @ the house.... None of this is funny when it's happening to you.)

Important NOT to get derailed by the local pro-war (unempowered) faction.  Our deal is promoting peace by increasing our numbers and working thru folks w/ power, not to get into spitting contests w/ these misguided nobodies....

On a personal level, I'm trying to preserve my sanity by thinking pro-peace/pro-peace issues and candidates, rather than feeling insanely furiously anti-war/anti-Bush et al (yeah, I like to use these little French expressions.....)  I left my United for Peace sign in my window @ home and on my wall @ work, and I've been wearing that button.  I took down my NO IRAQ WAR sign.....seems a little after-the-fact anyhow.  Vast majority of my anti-Bush friends wear no buttons, display no signs, stay very informed, and talk a lot......

Heartfelt thanks to all of you.
Jenifer C.