[Peace-discuss] Fox news anchor admits pro-Bush nationalistic bias

You down with NAP? Yeah, you know me parthun at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 3 20:21:34 CST 2003

Neil Cavuto goes off on an Ivy League journalism professor because they
professor said that:

"Mr. Cavuto, please remember you are a journalist. You're supposed to be
impartial. Your obvious support of U.S. and coalition troops and your rah-rah
patriotism is an insult to hard-working reporters everywhere. You have no
right having a show and even less right calling yourself a journalist."

In the following commentary, Mr. Cavuto calls him a "self-absorbed,
condescending imbecile", a "callous elitist", and "You're a lie, a fraud and
an ingrate. Too clueless to appreciate the country that gives you the right to
be the Ivy League intellectual Lilliputian you are. And too selfish to be
grateful that in this country, even your type can find work."

But hats off to Mr. Cavuto for actually uttering the following comment which
made me laugh so hard that I could barely breathe for about 10 minutes.
"So am I slanted and biased? You damn well bet, professor."

Just wanted to pass this little nugget onto people.  Faux News has admitted
that one of it's main anchors is biased to the war and jingoistic nationalism.
 Too bad it gets 25 million viewers.

Solidarity,
Neil

Darkness cannot drive out darkness.  Only light can do that.  Hatred cannot drive out hatred.  Only love can do that.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

*Meeting Coordinator of Student Peace Action
*Treasurer of the Campaign to Impeach George Walker Bush @ UIUC
*Self Proclaimed Crown Prince of Useless Knowledge