[Peace-discuss] Fwd:[ANSWER]: Nat'l Orgs Endorse April 12 & other updates

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Thu Apr 3 20:11:22 CST 2003

NATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS ENDORSE APRIL 12 MARCH ON  WASHINGTON

USLAW (United States Labor Against the War), Not in Our  Name, Black Voices for Peace, the National Lawyers Guild,  and Voices in the Wilderness are all endorsing and
encouraging their members to mobilize for the April 12
National March on Washington DC to Surround the White  House.

Members and supporters of Voices in the Wilderness, a
number of whom are at the front lines standing in
solidarity with the people of Iraq, issued the following
statement of support: "Voices in the Wilderness fully
endorses A.N.S.W.E.R.'s call to action for a march on
Washington on April 12.  While war rages in Iraq, we join  millions of others in the spirit of nonviolent resistance
and global citizenship.  We will raise our voices for all
forgotten people of Iraq and the world."

********************

VIDEO FOR APRIL 12 NOW AVAILABLE

A downloadable video for the April 12 march is now
available at
http://www.iqueb.de/video/A12promo.rm

This link is for a 60-second video. It is a Real Media
document, which will automatically download when you open  the link (the URL), assuming you have RealPlayer. It was  produced by filmmaker Alan Roth of Asymmetric Pictures,  who is an media activist with the A.N.S.W.E.R. coalition.

We encourage all anti-war activists and organizations to  place links to this video on their web pages, and to
circulate the link to others.

********************

APRIL 12 WILL TRULY BE A GLOBAL DAY OF ACTION.

On March 31, the ILPS-Philippine Chapter announced that it  would change its call for a Asia Pacific region-wide
mobilization from April 9 to April 12 "So that we can be
one with many more people in registering our mightiest,  loudest, and most militant protest ... Together with
Africa, North and South America and Europe, the people of  Asia Pacific shall also march, rally and protest on April
12 to compel US President George Bush and his cohorts to  STOP THIS SENSELESS WAR. We hope that we could mobilize  hundreds of thousands, if not millions, in our region.
..." More information can be found at
http://www.justicenotwar.tk

We have also just received notice from the Sudanese
American Society that the General Union of Sudanese
Students will hold a demonstration in the Sudan on April  12.

Demonstrations are now planned in Australia, Belgium,
Brazil, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Ecuador, England, France,  Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Italy, Japan, Mexico,
Nicaragua, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, South Korea,  Spain, Sudan, Sweden, United States and Venezuela.

********************

BUSES TO WASHINGTON DC FROM AROUND THE COUNTRY

Tens of thousands of people, including many who have never  been to a demonstration before, are coming by bus, van and  car caravan from cities across the East Coast, Midwest and  South to be at the White House on Saturday, April 12.

To find out about TRANSPORTATION FROM YOUR CITY, go to http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/a12/a12transp.html  (updated daily)

If you are ORGANIZING TRANSPORTATION, fill out the  easy-to-use form at
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/a12/index.html#a12transp  so that we can help spread the word to others (if the link  does not take you directly to the form, scroll down)

MORE INFORMATION ABOUT APRIL 12

To DOWNLOAD LITERATURE, go to
http://internationalanswer.org/campaigns/resources/index.html

If you cannot download and print the flyers and stickers,  you can pick up stacks at A.N.S.W.E.R. offices around the  country, or you can call us at 202-544-3389 and request a  packet of flyers. Please make your reques