[Peace-discuss] My money's on water...

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sun Apr 27 21:31:24 CDT 2003

Hi Folks,

My money's on water--right out of the tap--and I'm grateful for Lisa's e-info which makes it a really healthy choice, as well as PC

These soft drink companies aren't as sweet as their products.....I've read that the process of manufacturing Coca Cola has destroyed @ least one village's decent water supply--the one I heard about was in India, and I'm sure there are more..... Yeah, third world countries really need another nasty US product--expensive, bad for teeth.....

Pepsi is probably just as bad as Coke on paint and axle grease, and Pepsico is doubtless as eager for world markets and damn the environmental effects......

Also, Pepsi has a lock on schools, @ least locally--"free" wall calendars for teachers' walls (w/ Pepsi logo @ bottom of ea page), pop machines in the hall, and a huge number of teens w/ a $2.50/day Mtn Dew habit.... For schools using fast food chanins for school lunches, Pepsi's right in there--I believe Pizza Hut and Taco Bell are owned by Pepsi...... The schools get lotsa $$$ for this.....

Channel One--mainstream news plus candy ads which starts off every student's day for the schools that subscribe--may also be owned by subsidiary of Pepsi--or another wonderful company w/ our kids' welfare in mind.....

Yeah, guys, you oughta give 'em up--or @ least write to the corporate headquarters voicing your objections and swearing off their products.......And feel @ least a little guilty when you don't....

Jenifer C.