[Peace-discuss] My money's on water...

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 10:09:22 CDT 2003

Thanks for this discussion!

Water privatization, and the nefarious influences of
corporations like Jenifer mentions, is (I believe)
much more serious than most of us realize, even on the
Left.  The two biggest threats to life and health on
the planet now, in numerical terms, are nothing so
exciting as SARS or AIDS or even war (although they
are all serious, of course, and war at least certainly
has an effect the two biggest threats) -- but lack of
basic nutrition and sanitation, i.e. enough food,
clean water, etc.

These problems obviously have more to do with the
world economic system, in ways that we're all familiar
with by now.  Anyway, thanks again.

And, by the way, just a detail - Taco Bell used to be
owned by Pepsi, but Pepsi spun off the Bell's current
parent company (now called Yum!) a few years ago.

Ricky