[Peace-discuss] My money's on water...

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 20:41:31 CDT 2003

I guess I'll jump in and take us even more off topic
(or not).

I like Jenifer's comment of drinking water out of the
tap (although give me a reverse osmosis filter
please).  Let us not forget that a number of bottled
water labels are owned by the Pepsi and Coke
companies.

Since Ricky brought up Taco Bell.  We all have heard
about the problems with Taco Hell, but one only needs
to read 'Fast Food Nation' (I would be more than happy
to loan a copy to anyone interested) to swear off all
fast food chains for numerous human
rights/environmental reasons.

Linda (Who is showing great discretion and not
mentioning the billions of animal lives lost each year
in the US alone on environmentally unsound, inhumane,
small farmer stomping, and abusive to human rights
factory farms.  Okay, okay I did mention it, but what
a nice lead-in to plug the local farmer's market
starting May 10th at Lincoln Square Mall for which
AWARE needs to set up people to table...look at me
actually bringing myself back on topic.)