[Peace-discuss] military recruitment on WEFT (!)

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 21 16:56:26 CDT 2003

I'm a long-time WEFT listener and supporter and have recently begun volunteering at WEFT.

I just heard a pre-recorded, professionally produced military recruitment spot for the U.S. Marines inserted right in the middle of Democracy Now! (about 4:20PM today, Thursday).

I've been a listener for over 15 years and this is the most revolting thing I've ever heard on WEFT.

Why was this played? Does this somehow qualify as a Public Service Announcement?

I am profoundly disgusted and alarmed by this. Anyone else?