[Peace-discuss] Re: [Wefta] military recruitment on WEFT (!)

Paul King pmking at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 21 23:11:37 CDT 2003

how's this for a psa?...

American soldiers have recently participated in the massacre of 6,000
soldiers from a third world country who were conscripted into service,
most against their will.  They fought for their country because they would
be shot if they refused.  Our soldiers have also valiantly killed more
than 5,000 civilians while trying to stay alive in this conflict.

We are now a country that invades and occupies others for profit. We are
in violation of the Geneva convention and Articles 51 and 39 of the United
Nations Charter. Various lawsuits have been filed against the United
States in the International Criminal Court, a tribunal that tries cases of
war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide.

The next time you hear or see a recruitment advertisement for the United
States military, ask yourself this: do you want to be a criminal?

feel free to correct statistics, add information or edit in any other
way.

i'm going to go have a beer now.

..::paul

"The tyranny of the ignoramuses is insurmountable and assured for all
time." Albert Einstein