[Peace-discuss] Re: [Wefta] military recruitment on WEFT (!)

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 22 11:11:09 CDT 2003

The Marines recruitment spot was NOT part of "Democracy Now!".

It was played during a "Democracy Now!" break (there are typically three per
show, during which musical interludes are normally played). I personally
spoke with the airshifter on duty at the time who chose to play the
recruitment spot (both by phone and in person). The source was a CD of 10
recruitment spots produced and distributed by the U.S Marine Corps
Recruiting Command, which the airshifter apparently found in the usual place
for WEFT PSAs. The spot played was track 2, which is 60 seconds long.

I went to the station yesterday and transcribed the spot. I am including it
in a separate message.