[Peace-discuss] Fwd:A Million Against Bush

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Fri Aug 22 11:05:28 CDT 2003

From Howard Dean's campaign manager --

Yesterday George Bush took time off from his vacation to gofundraising again, this time in Portland, Oregon. At just one event he brought in $1 million from 500 of his biggest contributors. Outside the fundraiser more than 2,000 Americans gathered to speak out against Bush’s failed policies, which have ruined our economy and damaged our standing in the world community. Yet pocketing $1 million dollars was enough for George W. Bush to thank the people of Portland for their “warm welcome.”

We can’t let George W. Bush continue to rack up millions while the American people are left out in the street. Today, we’re bringing out the bat on the Dean for America website—and putting it up against George W. Bush. Our goal is to raise $1 million against George Bush by the end of the Sleepless Summer Tour—midnight this Tuesday, August 26th. Show George Bush that you are taking our country back by making a contribution today:

http://www.deanforamerica.com/contribute

The only way to compete with Bush’s ability to raise so much money from so few is if millions of Americans come together and contribute what they can to Howard Dean. When Dick Cheney raised $250,000 last month from 125 people at a fundraiser in South Carolina, you responded—and raised more than $508,000 for Howard Dean. You showed the nation that the grassroots has the power to take on the special interests. But there are still people who doubt the staying power of the grassroots, and whether you really have the power to change politics in this country.

We have 38 days to prove that the grassroots do have that power. Beginning with the Sleepless Summer Tour, the remainder of August and the entire month of September are critical. We have 38 days to prove that the grassroots have the staying power—that we aren’t going away. 38 days to return to politics of meaning in America. We have 38 days for all of us to pull together in order to reach our goal of 450,000 supporters for Howard Dean by September 30th. Then, in the final days of September, we will make a final push toward a fundraising goal that rivals what you achieved in June—and we will prove not only that the grassroots have the power to win the Democratic nomination, but that you have the power to defeat George W. Bush and his special interests in the general election.

You can start today by forwarding this email to two friends and asking them to join us:

http://www.deanforamerica.com/join

Between today and Tuesday, thousands of Americans will be rallying for Howard Dean as part of the Sleepless Summer Tour—and thousands more will be rallying behind Dean to match Bush’s million dollars in Portland. The question on everyone’s mind is whether the grassroots is strong enough to challenge Bush’s special-interest fundraising machine. Today, you can send a powerful message to Bush and those that fund him that you are up to the challenge.

Joe Trippi
Campaign Manager
Dean for America

P.S. Spread the word to your offline friends that now is the time to stand up against Bush and demonstrate the power of the American people. They can contribute by calling 1-866-DEAN-4-USA.

http://www.deanforamerica.com/contribute

http://www.deanforamerica.com/join

Paid for and maintained by DEAN FOR AMERICA
Contributions to Dean For America are not tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes.

***
This message contains parts that can not be recognized or delivered to your device but has been saved on your webmail account.  It will be stored there for future access until your webmail account reaches a 5 Megabyte limit at which time it will be deleted.  If you have access to a