[Peace-discuss] Fwd:FW: Emergency in Texas

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Fri Aug 22 11:05:43 CDT 2003

Hi, most of you have already received information about the republican attempts  to take control of the Texas congress.  Our process of democracy is beginning  took like a sham everywhere we turn.  Please join us in donating money and  notifying others to stop this power hungry administration and it's minions.  We  support Moveon in it's efforts to keep the public informed and motivated

Diana O'Farrell and Michael Penk

Passed on from Moveon:

Something shocking is happening in Texas. Republican Majority Leader Tom DeLay  is pushing an out-of-the-blue redistricting plan that will remove up to 7  Democrats from congress. This is an unabashed power grab, and MoveOn.org is  trying to stop it. For the full story on what's going on, click here:

http://moveon.org/texasads

DeLay has never been shy about his goals: "I'm the majority leader, and we want  more seats." (New York Times, July 1, 2003). But now he and other Texas leaders  are showing that they're willing to interfere the rules of Democracy and with  the rule of law itself to achieve their short-term goals.

MoveOn.org is trying to fund an ad campaign in Texas to try to stop the  redistricting and to hold the politicians behind it accountable.

To contribute to the ad campaign, or to read a shocking letter from one of the  State Senators involved in this fight, click here:

http://moveon.org/texasads

Thanks,