[Peace-discuss] meridith organized a meeting with tim johnson

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 11:39:29 CDT 2003

The following is forwarded from Meridith Kruse, regarding a meeting she arranged with tim Johnson:

last week i agreed to check with Tim Johnson's office about
setting up a meeting with him on august 27th, a day that
many groups affiliated with "move-on" are meeting with reps...

so, i played phone-tag with Matt Bisbee all week, and he finally
called me back this morning,

the earliest date, just for a meeting with him, is on Wednesday
September 17th at 11am...he wanted to meet for coffee, I suggested
the Courier in Urbana...

So, a meeting is set for this date and time, and I would welcome anyone
who wants to talk politics to come on over...Topics to discuss are the
ongoing US Occupation of Iraq, and I plan press him on
Agricultural Trade issues since I will just be back from the
FTAA protests in Mexico...other concerns are also welcome!

Matt Bisbee did say on the phone that Johnson "wants the troops
home as soon as possible and for the US to get out of Iraq"...

is that worth anything?  what is Johnson doing about this?

Matt also said that when we meet on September 17th we can talk
to him about scheduling a meeting with Tim Johnson near Thanksgiving,
because TIm will be back in town then...if you all are interested!

So, please forward this message to the list, I am leaving for
San Fracisco Sunday morning so I cannot go to the next AWARE meeting
but I can take questions by email/phone...I hope others can come to
this meeting, Please put Sept 17th, 11am at the Courier on your
calendar!

Contact Meridith for further info at meridithkruse at riseup.net