[Peace-discuss] More tho'ts/Sadam capture

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sun Dec 14 12:34:34 CST 2003

Hi Ricky,

So Saddam Hussein, never a treat to the US, has been captured and now folks will believe that they are safer as a result???  My favorite quote is attributed to Albert Einstein and goes like this --  "The tyranny of the ignoramuses is insurmountable and assured for all time."  Even so, I think the Demos will EMPHASIZE that Saddam was NOT a threat, and his capture, while appropriate under the inappropriate circumstances of the US presence in Iraq, makes him a martyr and thus we are now even LESS safe than before, especially under the hated George Bush.....I'm betting the attacks on US soldiers will escalate, maybe attacks worldwide.... I'm not sure that this does guarantee 4 more years for Bush et al, but priaise Allah that the election isn't tomorrow..... And there's still that pesky job loss thing....

Did you catch Taraq Ali on AR yesterday?  Yeah, sure, 8am and 6pm w/ 2 yr old twins.... He was GREAT, as usual.  Said UN presence would be no better than US presence because the Iraquis hate the UN as much as the US bec of the devasting sanctions imposed by US/UN past 11 years.....Finally explains to me why the UN workers there were attacked, 30 dead, including someone pretty well respected by those whom I respect..... So what's Kucinich's thinking when he sez US out, UN in.???  And why on earth would the UN take that on?  Not that US is ever gonna give up control, so moot....

Thanks for your thought-provoking e-mail.

Jenifer