[Peace-discuss] U.N.

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Thu Dec 18 10:23:55 CST 2003

No doubt, the UN is dominated by the U.S., and has usually bowed to its
dictates, but it is the only international assembly existent, and has
given some voice to opposition to U.S. policies. The powerless general
assembly has, for example, had its voice promulgated on the question of
Israel and the middle east. And France, Germany and Russia in the
Security Council were able, with others,  to deny approval for the Iraq
aggression, albeit weakly.

Clearly, it needs to be radically reformed, but the question is, even
without that: Would we all be better off without it?

MKB