[Peace-discuss] Our troops...

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 23 09:39:23 CST 2003

Mort,

I think there is an in-between position.  I think it is appropriate
to support the RETURNING troops who find themselves in physical or
psychological trouble. I do see most of these people as victims of US
foreign policy.  However, I do not want to support the troops that
are over there fighting.  I don't want to support anything that
furthers the war effort.  There is an important distinction here.  I
think we made ourselves as clear as possible to the local Red Cross.
I hope they will use the money in the way that I describe.