[Peace-discuss] Community Meeting To Raise Sexual-Assualt Awareness

jpitzl at wildhunt.org jpitzl at wildhunt.org
Mon Feb 3 16:28:07 CST 2003

*Please Forward to Any Interested Parties*

1 out of 3 women will be sexually assualted in her lifetime.

Join your community in raising awareness and preventing sexual assult in
our community! April is sexual assult awareness month. A community group is
forming to work in conjunction with Rape Crisis Services to plan awareness
raising activities throught our community.

Join us Thursday, February 6th at 7pm at the Illinois Disciples Foundation
(610 E. Springfield Rd., Champaign, corner of 6th and Springfield on the
2nd floor.) All are welcome. Bring your ideas, opinions and skills to help
us build events and campaigns to shed light on sexual assult in C/U.

Some of the plans all ready in the works:
* a "Shedding Light on Sexual Assult" campaign to invite the cities of
Champaign and Urbana to make a pledge to light every street in their town
by 2004 to make our streets safer
* an awareness celebration at the close of the month with live music and
artisians
* a large community contingent to march in the annual "Take Back the Night"
parade

Please come share your thoughts, enthusiasm and ideas. We need all the
concerned citizens we can find to make this the most successful Sexual
Assult Awareness Month campaign in C/U ever. Take part in your community,
raise your voice and make a difference!

for more info, e-mail jq (at)
wildhunt.org