[Peace-discuss] request from Germany

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Wed Feb 5 08:15:00 CST 2003

www.berlin-declaration.org

New York-Berlin-Paris-Chicago-Oakland-Munich-Rome-London- Athens

US cities and US citizens declare support for Germany and France!!!

US citizens and US cities support german and french cities for peace , the
european peace movements against the prepared Irak war
We support  Germany and France, represented as governments within the UN
security council, asking for more time and more strength for the UN
inspections!!
Schröder and Chirac yes -stop the war-escalation, keep the UN strong and
independent !!

the day of the meeting of the UN security council-5.2.2003-
when the US foreign minister  Powell will inform the french and the german
government and the UN inspector chief Hans Blix on special informations,
the US and England have not yet given to the UN within the last weeks-

We, US -american citizens, some of us  representatives of human rights- and
justice- academic or church organisations,
from different professions and different political views,
want to declare our support for the eminent work of Mr Hans Blix and his team,
for the negotiations of KOfi Annan and the churches and european diplomats
within the last weeks to avoid a risky war in the arab and middle East region

We declare our special and urgent support the german  and the french
government  this  moment
within the UN security council for their diplomatic efforts within the UN ,
to avoid the escalation of violence and to do everything to disarm Saddam
Hussein from mass destruction weapons,
without starting a risky and ineffective and illegal and illegtime war in the
region,
 which is full of violence and dictators of different forms ,
which have been supported by  some  governments and some business and arms
trade  too long time., the civilans in Irak suffering a lot from it....

We as US- american citizens, some of us from european origin,
others from african or latinamercian or asian   or indigenous orgin-
declare
 this is a  dangerous situation for the whole world,  for our democracies
and intercultural dialogues.

No Germany and France are not isolated, when they say No
to another risky war-!!!
Germany and France at the moment like Greece and Scnadinavia and other
european countries and the mayority of the european people
The german and the french government  express the will  of peace and justice
and the strength of international law of millions of US- american citizens
!!!

Germany and France and other european countries express the questions and
scepticism at the moment  not only from those million citizens in the rallies
of the 18.1. in Washington, L.A., San Francisco
but of all those americans, who   by different reasons and either from
science, from the military, from business or from communities and cities for
peace,
who fear and know  ,
that this war planning and war preparations is   not really  in the interest
of the mayority of US citizens and the european citizens neither!!

We do not want to build our future on the greed for oil and ressources
,neither on  the greed for world control,
we know , we need to fight dictatorhsips and crime and terror, but we need a
intelligent debate and open debate on the means to fight for democracy within
our countries and within the economically and technologically  globalized
world,
if we do not want to run blindly into a spiral of violence, terror and war
within the next 2o years!!

We support the german and french demand  for a second UN security council
resolution before a military attack ,
we ask for more time for the UN inspections and better cooperation from the
Hussein-regime,
we aks for democratic representation of the mayjority of the european and
arab and american people - in between 40-90 % of the people !!-
who fear and oppose that risky war-
because they want effective stratgies against terrorism  and for human
securities.

Schröder and Chirac ,Greece and Scandinavia-we are as american citizens on
your side now!!!

United for peace and justice- in the traditions of Martin Luther KIng and of
so many leading american  figthers, artists and  politicians  for democracy
and the basic needs of the people of the world!!Let my people go..!!!

send signatures please and spread the european -american appeal soon!!
send it to New York times and other media please!!

Eva Quistorp-women for peace Germany and France
www.berlin-declaration.org