[Peace-discuss] Boycott Tires Plus?

John Fettig jfettig at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 17 12:38:25 CST 2003

* Lisa Chason <chason at shout.net>:
> Do folks think it would be right to start publicizing what Tires Plus has
> been doing?

There are two reasons to boycott tires plus.  The first is because they
are overtly hostile towards us.  The second is that they rip people off!

My story:  I had to change the wheels on my car.  One of the lugnuts was
tightened too tight by the previous owner (or whoever put the wheels on
last).  I was literally lifting the car off of the ground when trying to
loosen it.  It was 7:00 at night, and I was hoping to get it taken care
of that night.  One of the only places open was tires plus.

They told me (after I waited for an hour in their waiting room) that
they were going to have to break the stud off to get the lugnut off.
This would end up costing about $50 to fix.  I said no thanks, took my
car home.  In the morning, I took it to Beaumont Alignment (my normal
mechanic).  He pulled it into the garage as soon as I got there, put his
air ratchet on the lugnut and zzzzip popped it right off.  No broken
studs, no charge.

They were inventing work at tires plus.  They are dishonest, and should
be avoided.  If you need tires, have them drop shipped to Beaumont
Alignment.  The guys there will do it right, and not overcharge you or
invent work.

My 2 cents.

John