[Peace-discuss] Tires Plus: Expect meanness, respond with kindness or disengageme nt

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 17 12:44:10 CST 2003

I don't think we should put lots of energy into boycotting Tires
Plus, but people aught to know what is going on.  Putting something
on leaflets is not time-consuming.  I am especially concerned about
this because of our recent discussions on how to combat racism in our
community. Jim might be right that they didn't target Prof. Kakoma,
but this is the first time someone has been blocked, and it turns out
to be an African. I can't dismiss this so easily.