[Peace-discuss] I talked to the police

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 17 16:27:42 CST 2003

Dear All,

I spoke with Lt. Gallo today about the shoving incident. The first thing he
asked me was if we called the police.  I said we had not because snow was
blocking the license plate.

John, if you have the license plate number and make and model of the
vehicle, I will give it to Lt. Gallo. If anyone has the name of the officer
that "we" spoke to regarding the shoving incident (I wasn't aware that an
officer had come by), I will relay this to Lt. Gallo when I call him back.

I would characterize AWARE's relationship with the police as very good ever
since we had two meetings with Lt. Gallo and the asst. city attorney.  Lt.
Gallo reported from his end no "problems" from us as demonstrators. He is
concerned about our safety and wants us to call dispatch, 333-8911,
immediately if an incident occurs.

I told him that it was good to see an officer patrolling on Saturday and
that we had exchanged mutual waves.

Kimberlie