[Peace-discuss] Doe v. Bush - It's About the Oil - Feb. 15 photoalbums - Poet Magdalena Gomez - hear her here - MP3

Charles Jenks charles at mtdata.com
Thu Feb 20 20:07:35 CST 2003

Greetings -

News on Two New Campaigns:

Doe v. Bush: Monday shapes up as a big day, with the preliminary injunction
being heard in Boston at the US Courthouse, 1 Courthouse Way, Boston (The
Courthouse is the new building near the Boston Aquarium.) for the 10 AM
hearing.

This lawsuit, brought by US soldiers, parents of soldiers and members of
Congress. (John Conyers and Dennis Kucinich are leading the Congressional
plaintiffs.), demonstrates military opposition to this war and makes the
case that Congress abdicated its duties under the US Constitution by passing
the war resolution.  John and Cristobal Bonifaz are lead counsel.
traprockpeace.org has the full set of plaintiff legal pleading, including
the important Memorandum of Law.

Check with the website for developments. Traprock is working with the
attorneys on the media project.

A new campaign  - It's About the Oil at
http://traprockpeace.org/It'sAboutTheOil.org
Tad Montgomery and Karl Davies have done a lot of research; much will be
added to the website about oil as a motivation for war and resources for
reducing US dependence on oil. It's About the Oil is an affiliate project of
Traprock.

Also - new on the website - http://traprockpeace.org

* I've uploaded photojournals of Feb. 15 - the Rally in NYC and the
tremendous student organized event that evening. Sunny made a great banner
for Code Pink and gave it to them at the evening event.  See the photos! If
people have commentary they would like to add, please send it to me.

* Superb new submissions from Major Doug Rokke, Michael Klare (Nation writer
and Hampshire College Professor) and David Keppel (writer and a MoveOn
contributor).  Glen Rangwala has updated Counter-Dossier II (comprehensive
analysis of claims concerning Iraq and WMD's) and Response to Powell papers.
His work is the best on the subject, in my opinion.  I've heard from many
researchers who have said his work is invaluable and that they appreciate
his continual updates.

And here's a treat - Poet Magdalena Gomez at the 5 College march and rally
on Feb 9 - reading poems including  "Writing to Remember"
http://traprockpeace.org/MagdalenaGomez.mp3

Thank you.

Charles Jenks
President,