[Peace-discuss] Join the U-C IMC Jan. 18th for our 2nd anniversary

Jason Pitzl-Waters jpitzl at wildhunt.org
Sat Jan 11 14:09:53 CST 2003

Its time to celebrate!

Over the past two years, the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center has
grown from an idea in the minds of a handful of individuals to an
organization that enriches our community with locally-produced radio news,
a daily updated website, a reference library, a monthly newspaper, an art
gallery, several meeting spaces and a performance space that has hosted
hundreds of musical shows.  The UC-IMC has been an outgrowth of the
vibrancy and passion of our diverse community and it continues to grow and
change with our community.

Come take a look at what has been built and is being built as we party the
night away with spirits, food, art, music and good company!

* We'll kick the evening off at 6pm at the UC-IMC community center with
food, drink and conversation.  Don't be late!

* At 7pm the Middle Room Gallery, housed within the community center, will
kick off its art opening for 'Drawing Resistance' a traveling political art
show. Drawing Resistance is a show of two dimensional artwork by 31
artist/activists from North America. The content-based show speaks to
subject matter vital to understanding the world today, including the
anti-globalization movement, working class rights, the destruction of the
environment, corporate control, police brutality, homelessness,
gentrification and the Zapatista liberation movement in Mexico.

* And don't forget to join us at 8pm in the rear performance space for some
great, local music! Featuring local pop-punk bands Missing the Point,
Grounded and Sincerely Calvin. $5 cover charge.

All are welcome, come check out what the your local IMC is all about!  Now
is a great time to explore and find out how you can become a part of this
growing force in your community.