[Peace-discuss] [ANSWER]: 500,000...

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Mon Jan 20 08:38:45 CST 2003

The persistent lying about the numbers of individuals and groups protesting
the war is set up and run by Pentagon officials and will continue unabated.
The entire mess is simple but complex in that the purpose is avoiding
liability for devastating health and environmental consequences of U.S.
military directed combat and military activities that occurred during Gulf
War I; and in the Balkans, Afghanistan, Korea, Philippines, Panama, and
Vieques.  We also have serious adverse health and environmental consequences
of U.S. military actions throughout Europe and within the U.S. proper. Then
we also have consequences of continued Agent Orange effects within Vietnam
Veterans and especially residents of  Vietnam. The Deputy Secretary in OSAGWI
(www.gulflink.osd.mil) and now reassigned in a new office for deployment
medicine has had the primary responsibility for controlling information and
avoiding liability.  Thus as Gulf War II approaches press control and
retaliation increases. The number of individuals who are Gulf War casualties
on permanent VA disability continue to increase while noncombatant casualties
in Persian Gulf, Balkans, Vieques, Afghanistan, etc, are escalating.
Meanwhile medical care is being denied for almost all casualties. Then we
have the need for environmental remediation to minimize or eliminate sources
of exposure that is not occurring even though DOD directives exist.