[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] An opportunity

Charlotte Green chgreen48 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 09:17:02 CST 2003

Patrick,
Yes, I think a letter to Mr. Hayes expressing our
desire to address issues of racism in our lcoal
community is a great idea.  At some point, I think it
would be good to sit down with Mr. Hayes in a small
group or at an AWARE meeting to discuss those local
issues and how we could work together on them.  We
might do the same kind of thing with local pastors of
African American churches, black educators, and other
leaders in the African American community. I think our
first job is to listen.
It would be a great thing if African-Americans and
whites could work on this issue together!
Charlotte