[Peace-discuss] Support Genuine Peace in the Middle East

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 2 12:38:13 CDT 2003

Not bad in what it says, but some things aren't mentioned, notably a
Palestinian right of return (which would probably be transformed into a
compensation plan) and the racist nature of Jewish state (which could
conceivably co-exist with a sovereign Palestinian).  And the statement as
written would not seem to preclude the new Palestinian state's being a
sort of Bantustan (the "sovereign" African home-lands under apartheid) --
e.g., would the Israeli military control the airspace and borers of the
Palestinian state?