[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Singing CIA agent revue comin' thru

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 14:46:48 CDT 2003

--- dlippman at earthlink.net wrote:
> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:22:18 -0700
> From: <dlippman at earthlink.net>
> To: <jordanalipscomb at attbi.com>, <aware at grex.org>,
>         <promatchsuccessteam at writeme.com>,
> <DAWN151 at msn.com>,
>         <davemartin777 at attbi.com>,
> <communitascenter at aol.com>,
>         <kcp at knoxcnty.com>, <pmurfin at mc.net>,
> <scottngilbert at yahoo.com>,
>         <SUSTAINnwburbs at aol.com>,
> <people4peace at planet-save.com>,
>         <terri5cats at msn.com>, <prc at prairienet.org>,
> <Spire at planet-save.com>,
>         <fredkunchick75 at hotmail.com>,
> <saclark at siue.edu>
> Subject: Singing CIA agent revue comin' thru

---------------------------------

Hi Illinois peace and justice folks!
If your group is looking for something a bit out of
the extraordinary,this is to let you know I'll be on
tour this October in the midwest,with Singing CIA
agent George Shrub (myself). This is comedy and
musicwith a mission. I play house concerts, stadiums,
etc. etc. and split theproceeds with peace and justice
groups. I'll be driving by, so no travelexpenses!
In addition to the words below, see the website -
http://davelippman.com- and look especially at
"Thinking about Iraq" for recent comiccommentary.
If you like I can send you a video sample. If so, send
address. Hope totalk with you soon!

Cheers!
Dave Lippman
919-960-3866 h
919-260-4138 c
*

GEORGE SHRUB *The World's Only Known Singing C.I.A.
Agent*RULES!!
Newjob title for Shrub!:
Cultural Director, Department of Homeland
SecurityGeorgeShrub has been traveling throughout his
globalized domain, sharing hisPoint of View (the Right
One) so that people won't need their own. Heemploys
anti-folk songs and interventionary anthems to explain
(andenforce) that the business of America is none of
your business, thatunions are never civil, and that
the proper place for himself, likeWal-Mart, is
everywhere.

has been trying to keep up with his shadow,
Shrub,touring closely behind him. He continues to
afflict the complacent,occasionally rhyming in the
process.
Dave has been known to take the air out of the
windbags of the week,de-distort history,
and rewrite the classics with parody and thrust.
He has recently founded the International Federation
of InvestigativeSongwriters,
in a pre-doomed effort at respectability.
"Lippman is a national treasure" - L.A.
Herald-Examiner
"Viciously funny" - Guardian (England)
"One of my favorite political satirists. This is a
very funny man. -Erich Lee Preminger
"The Dean felt that more harm than good would come
from
your visit" - student, Skidmore College, New York
"God, that man can talk! What a great writer!" - Utah
Phillips

Some lyrics:

On the 8th day of Bushmas my President gave to me
Drills for the Arctic
Water filled with arsenic
Oil won't mix with water
But oil and government oughta
In a centrifuge
Which he'll set up in a wildlife refuge

On the 9th day of Bushmas my President gave to me
A - bill - of - rights!
Not for gays or blacks or free speech
Not for none of these
But for health insurance companies

(Hokey Pokey:)
You put your right foot in, you take your business
clout
Your put some PR spin and you shake it all about
You put them in the pokey and you pay a buck a day
That's what it's all about

(Home on the Range:)
Oh give me a plant And a good worker ant
And a dear little minimum wage
Where seldom is seen a unionized teen
And the kids hold their bladders all day