[Peace-discuss] Re:Re: [Peace] Report of Lori Serb's trial on ucimc

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sun Jul 20 14:53:55 CDT 2003

Doug,

I think the entire incident could and should have been handled better by the police, to put it mildly -- the policeman's attack on Lori, by his own description during his own testimony, was far worse than Lori's attack on the camera...... But all that is beside the point, because Lori is accused ONLY of RESISTING ARREST, and there was NO evidence presented that convinced me that this was the case. I hope the judge agrees.

Jenifer C.
Randy: You are correct. That opinion and whether it is correct will be  decided in court based on the evidence as it should be.  But the primary lesson here  is that anyone who takes such actions as Lori did must expect to be arrested  and once arrested must deal with the consequences.  The simple fact is that  the actions
"According to Ms. Serb, she attempted to take the disposable camera away from  the picture taker. A struggle ensued and Ms. Serb eventually pulled the  camera from the woman's hand, threw it to the ground and stomped on it. "
 were illegal  should never have happened and anyone who saw the action do so  should have stopped it immediately.

Peace at lists.groogroo.com