[Peace-discuss] MoveOne Primary

Ra Ravishankar ravishan at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 24 14:00:24 CDT 2003

Some info on Howard Dean.

			--------------------------

From: Morgan Guyton morgan at mutualaid.org
Fri May 16 13:09:49 EDT 2003

Dear SUSTAINers,

I just discovered something incredible that surprised the hell out of me.
I had always known that Howard Dean was Zionist and had ties to AIPAC but
what I did not realize was that he met with Ariel Sharon in December to
offer his support.  The sickest irony in the story of the anti-war
movement would be if a Zionist hawk like this guy got the support of
anti-war activists. If AIPAC can coopt the anti-war movement, then we
really do live in bizarro world. If you hear any talk of Dean in your
local peace group, mention his meeting with Sharon and reference this
London Times article. - Morgan

EXCERPT FROM LONDON TIMES ARTICLE BY TIM REID
DECEMBER 18, 2002

Perhaps Dr Dean's most unequivocal policy stance is his staunch, hawkish
support for Israel, which will attract the support of America's hugely
influential Jewish lobby. Earlier this month Dr Dean, whose wife is
Jewish, travelled to Jerusalem for a meeting with the Israeli Prime
Minister Ariel Sharon, declaring afterwards: "I do not think that as long
as Yassir Arafat is president there will be peace."

That Sharon agreed to meet him at all shows how seriously the Israeli
leader takes Dr Dean as a political force. Just as significant is that
Sharon asked him to support the Israeli request for new loan guarantees
from Washington, "and I promised him I would". Israel is asking the Bush
administration for up to $10 billion in loan guarantees to shore up its
economy.

Morgan Guyton
Tri-City Action for Peace
tcap.mahost.org