[Peace-discuss] MoveOne Primary

Morton K. Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 24 16:03:00 CDT 2003

My opinion, for what it's worth:

  Kucinich has been the most outspoken of all the candidates so far
about the Iraq war, militarism, civil liberties, empire, and the threat
to democracy. Dean has taken a strong antiwar stance, but on other
issues such as NAFTA, the military budget, and the death penalty, he is
"in the middle", i.e., non critical or worse. As for the others, aside
from Sharpton and Braun, who have personal baggage failings, they are
not to be trusted on key issues. they do not qualify as "peace
candidates".

But people say that Kucinich can't win, because he can't marshal the
$$$. He certainly doesn't marshal support in our major media, the NYT,
Washington post, etc. Which recommends him to me.

Mort B..