[Peace-discuss] transcript of WDWS P4P interview clips

John Fettig jfettig at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 3 20:07:37 CST 2003

* Randall Cotton <recotton at earthlink.net>:
> [Brant Hansen]: uh, would you rather have Bush's simplicity where he
> says "you know, there are some things that are evil" or would you
> rather have a viewpoint that can't distinguish - between uh, between
> Bush and Hussein in terms of, of, of level of depravity, for instance.
> I'm all for, uh, the simplicity, I guess. If that's the way we have to
> put it.

<rant>
Yea.  Let's all stop thinking for ourselves.  Who's with me?

The line for frontal lobotomies is over there, Mr. Hansen.
</rant>

But seriously, how can you ask a question like "who do you think is
worse, Bush or Hussein", and expect an academic answer?  That kind of
question is fully loaded, and I'm quite happy with the answers that
everyone gave on N. Prospect.

I just hope that this makes us realize that we need to be a little more
skeptical when a right-wing media outlet comes out to cover us...and not
be so happy to give them sound bytes.  He was obviously trying to rip
off this guy's idea (warning, this may make you mad):

http://brain-terminal.com/articles/video/peace-protest.html

John