[Peace-discuss] Fwd:[ANSWER]: MARCH 15: Buses planned from 100+ cities

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed Mar 5 10:34:06 CST 2003

TAKE IT TO THE WHITE HOUSE on March 15
Emergency National Anti-War Convergence

Plus: March 5 National Moratorium to Stop the War

Tens of thousands of people will be converging for a
National Anti-War March to TAKE IT TO THE WHITE HOUSE on  Saturday MARCH 15. There will be parallel activities in
Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Buses, vans and car caravans are traveling from over 100  cities in more than 35 states to join the March 15
demonstrations. The listing of transportation being
organized from cities around the country is updated daily.  For the current contacts -- or to sign up to list the
transportation options from your city -- go to:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/m15/m15transp.html

It has been the street protests in the United States and  around the world in the last few months that have become  the biggest single political factor confronting and
restraining the war-makers. We have always believed that  the only thing that could prevent this aggression against  Iraq was for all of us -- the people of the world -- to
organize and become a major political force through mass  action.

Reminiscent of an important phenomena during Vietnam,  heated public opinion is beginning to create fissures even  inside of the U.S. government as officials begin to
distance themselves from U.S. government policy. During  the 1960s this led to the publication of the Pentagon
Papers and the release of other information that revealed  that the government had been lying to the people. In this  regard, we note the recent resignation of John Brady
Kiesling, a career diplomat with twenty years of service  in the State Department. In his resignation letter,
Kiesling wrote "I am resigning because I have tried and
failed to reconcile my conscience with my ability to
represent the current U.S. Administration."

With each passing day the Bush Administration encounters  new hurdles that constitute a growing deterrent force to  war. We must use every moment available to continue to  build this global grassroots movement into the most
serious obstacle facing the war-makers.

The next two weeks will be critical. The Bush
administration is doing everything to steamroll world
public opinion. Bush is assembling a coalition not of the
willing, but of the bribed and coerced, as they twist arms  and hand out tens of billions in an attempt to manipulate
member nation states and violate the U.N. Charter.

THE PLAN FOR THE EMERGENCY CONVERGENCE ON THE WHITE HOUSE  is to gather at 12 noon at the Washington Monument (just  south of the White House, Constitution Ave. between 15th  and 17th Sts. NW) for a rally and march.

Contact information for BUSES, VANS AND CAR CARAVANS  traveling to DC -- and an easy-to-use form to sign up to  list the transportation options from your city -- go to:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/m15/m15transp.html

A FLYER for the March 15 Emergency National Convergence on  the White House is available on the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition
web site. You can easily download a PDF of the national
flyer for the Washington DC demonstration, as well as a  version for those in New York City planning to travel to  DC. Flyers for West Coast events are also available. To
download flyers, go to,
http://internationalanswer.org/campaigns/resources/index.html

If you cannot download and print the flyers, you can pick  up stacks at A.N.S.W.E.R. offices around the country, or  you can call us at 202-544-3389 and request a packet of  flyers.

For logistical information -- such as a map of the rally
area, directions, public transportation in DC, disability
access, housing and more -- go to