[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Pacifica War Coverage

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Wed Mar 5 12:33:58 CST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 10:40:01PM -0600, Paul Riismandel wrote:
> Note the last part below -- Pacifica is looking for reports on war
> reaction from affiliates.

> Pacifica Radio Network will provide 18-hour War Coverage
> Pacifica Radio Network is standing by, prepared to immediately begin war
> coverage if President Bush announces that bombing of Iraq has commenced.
> For the first two consecutive days, coverage will be 18 hours from 6:00 AM
> to midnight. Continuing coverage will be announced.

So this is a good oppurtunity to get national coverage of the part
AWARE is playing in the anti-war effort.

One thing we could do is get two people to attend the West Side Park
protest that is to occur the day bombing begins, and to do interviews
and capture ambient sound.  If we had someone with a stereo mic to get
ambient noise, and someone doing interviews, that could make a really
good piece, depending on the wind.

Can anyone in AWARE help with this?  I will be there regardless, but
I would like someone else to do the interviewing, to get more voices
on the air.
				-Clint