[Peace-discuss] Re: What are you people thinking?

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 15:05:58 CST 2003

Robert,

I sincerely hope that the soldiers you mention do
begin to question the crimes they are being ordered to
commit, and will not "just follow orders" like so many
Germans claimed they had done after WW2.

And it may surprise you to learn than my friends and I
are very concerned about what could happen to those
soldiers if there is a war: "Gulf War Syndrome",
"friendly fire", etc.  In fact, I'll bet you that if
those soldiers do begin to listen to the antiwar
movement and question their orders, refuse to follow
them, refuse to go to Iraq and kill innocent
civilians, refuse to fight in this war at all - and
just stay at home - they will have a much, much better
chance of not being hurt than if they just close their
minds and listen to their Commander in Chief (who
never saw combat, but is happy for others to see it).

I wish your son had listened and stayed home - along
with my grandfather, my uncle, my stepfather and
several of my friends.

Ricky Baldwin