[Peace-discuss] Fwd: What are you people thinking?

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 17:39:27 CST 2003

Robert and all:  As the U.S. plans and implements a preemptive war we must
consider the ramifications and legal justifications for our actions. GAO,
DAIG, congressional, and soldier reports continue to verify that gas masks
and chemical protective clothing are defective and that the troops do not
possess adequate training. Our military tactics and weapons systems that we
used during Gulf War I and since have left a trail of adverse and
environmental effects. If we use these same weapons systems as planned and
especially illegal uranium munitions then we will cause additional U.S.,
Iraqi, Kuwaiti, Saudi, Iranian, Turkish, and noncombatant casualties without
justification. Now we have a super daisy cutter and wil use it. OH MY! The
idea that we can blow a country up to install a puppet government and restore
it because we want to overthrow its government is ludicrious. The rush to
war, preemptive attack, in violation of the "Law of Land Warfare"  cannot be
justified. Robert, the arguement that we place our troops at risk by raising
questions is flat wrong. Military leaders have put our troops at risk by
willfull their actions or in many cases inaction. Our miltary leaders and our
troops can be held and should be held accountable for any attacks that are
not authorized by the Law of Land Warfare and for putting our troops into to
risk without adequate training or adequate and functional equipment.  As a
father, Vietnam and Gulf War veteran I DO NOT WANT ANY TROOPS SENT INTO
COMBAT WITH DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT, INADEQUATE TRAINING, AND WITHOUT MEDICAL
CARE. Robert, as a father with a son in the Gulf why aren't you demanding
that defective equipment be replaced and that your son receive essential and
required combat training. That will protect the troops and bring your son
home safely. Today, Iraq is a mess and all (including U.S.) casulties
continue to mount due to prior U.S. actions that include: (1) providing Iraq
with the chemical, biological, and radiological weapons that they possessed
and used prior to and during Gulf War I, (2) incomplete destruction and thus
spread of these weapons during Gulf War I resulting in serious health and
environmental effects (over 221000 VA confirmed U.S. disabled  casualties and
over 10000 dead), (3) the use of depleted uranium munitions that are simply
America's own dirty bomb with horrible health and environmental consequences,
(4) misuse of pesticides, (5) release of hazardous materials during
destruction of the Iraqi, Kuwaiti, and Saudi infrastructure and U.S. military
actions, (9) refusals to provide U.S. military personnel with required combat
education and training, (10) denials of medical care for Gulf War I
casualties, (11) refusals to clean up environmental contamination caused by
U.S. actions as required by law and military regulations, (12) continued
unauthorized unilateral attacks in no fly zones that were never authorized by
the U.N., (13) intent to willfully bomb Iraq back into the stone age, (14)
complete destuction of Iraq's infrastructure thus preventing availabilty of
safe water and sewage treatment, (15) prevention of distribution of medical
supplies and equipment, (16) sending our troops into a toxic wasteland
without protection, (17) motivating our military personnel to think that they
can launch an attack on another nation without legal authorization, (19)
refusals to correct serious medical care deficiencies in both the VA and DOD
medical systems, (20) continued statements that Iraq poses a viable threat
against the U.S. when it does not possess either an offensive nor defensive
military capability, (21) continued statements that Iraq possesses
substantial weapons of mass destruction when there is no evidence to support
that claim and UN inspectors have not found any weapons of mass destruction,
and (22) that Gulf War I did not result in any casualties when over 221000
U.S. military personnel are now on permanent VA disability and over 10000 are
dead.  So Robert- half truths? I suggest that you read all of the GAO
reports, congressional reports, UN reports, NGO reports, and watch all of the
documentaries that verify thse actions and the horrible consequences.  DOD
leaders have been giving half truths for years!   If as a father and veteran
you care about your son then I ask you to help us ensure that the troops
receive essential combat training, defective equipment is replaced, medical
care is available and provided, environmental clean up is completed, and that
before troops are sent into combat that legal justification under the lAW OF
LAND WARFARE EXISTS.  Robert or anyone if you want to talk please call me.

dr. doug rokke
major, USAR
Vietnam and Gulf War disabled combat veteran
643-6205

**original message follows**