[Peace-discuss] C-U global vigil -- Sunday -- Carle Park, Urbana

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Thu Mar 13 14:00:07 CST 2003

a candlelight vigil for peace

On Sunday, March 16 at 7:00pm
at Carle Park in Urbana. Meet by the Lincoln statue across from Urbana High School, on the Race Street side of the park.

Beginning in New Zealand, this will be a rolling wave of candlelight gatherings that hour after hour will circumnavigate the globe.
Thousands of groups around the world have already signed on to stand for peace.
For more information, go to www.globalvigil.org.
We come together to rekindle the light of reason -- and of hope.  We renew our commitment to building a positive world for our children.

Initiated by MoveOn.org, the Win Without War coalition, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and many faith-based organizations

bring your friends and family/bring a candle