[Peace-discuss] re: letter to mark thompson

Peter Rohloff rohloff at uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 16 12:33:35 CST 2003

Here is some text for a proposed short letter to the organizer of the
counter-protest. I would like some feedback on it; it would be nice to
bring a final copy to the meeting tonight for signing.

March 16, 2003

Mark Thompson
Slot & Wing Hobbies
803 W Anthony Dr
Champaign, IL 61821

Dear Mark:

AWARE would like to express our gratitude for your civility and
consideration in planning the Saturday, March 15 counter-protest.

Too often, interactions such as these lead to hostility, sharp words,
and unnecessary anger. Our impression of this weekend’s event, however,
was that spirits were high on both sides and that unpleasant exchanges
were kept to a minimum.

We greatly appreciate the initiative you took to foster this public
debate and to ensure its safety and orderliness. We look forward to
continued cordial relations in the future.

In peace,

Members of AWARE