affiliation/conflict Re: [Peace-discuss] yesterday

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 15:31:28 CST 2003

Robert,

AWARE is not "affiliated" with anyone at present.
Everyone is always welcome at AWARE events and
meetings, and AWARE cosponsors events with groups when
it seems appropriate, or doesn't cosponsor when it
doesn't seem appropriate.

I'd suggest a meeting of two or three folks from the
organizations involved to try and rationally come to
some understanding.  PRC and SPA have a conflict that
predates this event, but so far I think AWARE has no
problem with either.  Now, perhaps AWARE could serve a
positive role, and help mediate an end to this
counterproductive family feud.

What do others think?

Ricky

--- Robert Dunn <prorobert8 at hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------
Folks, I want to clarify some confusion. Yesterday was
not a free for all as some people describe it. What
happened was that PRC wanted a separate march from the
one planned for months by Student Peace Action. PRC
deceived its followers into not going to our planned
march and told us to move 8 feet from where we were so
not to confuse the two. We complied and saw that all
the people were going with PRC. Even ones that
committed to our march, did not know whose march was
what. People were under the impression we were a
united front.  Anyway, SPA decided to join the PRC
Picket of the ALma Mater (what this has to do with the
war, I dont know), The crowd was too big that when
some people went into the streets, the whole crowd
joined. PRC security then started to scream at SPA and
swear and spit on us. I was spat on by a security
person. PRCs behavior yesterday was divisive and
totally alienated members of the peace movement, I
want a  discussion about AWARES affiliation with
them.IN solidarity,Robert Dunn