[Peace-discuss] Congrats to PRC

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Fri Mar 21 19:10:48 CST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 Dlind49 at aol.com wrote:

> I fully support protest actions but I want to emphasize, recommend, and
> request that at no time: (1) should traffic be disrupted, (2) should classes
> be disrupted, (3) should businesses be disrupted, (4) should administration
> disrupted, or (5) any aspect of anyone's life be disrupted. Please keep all
> protest actions safe and professional.
>
> dr. doug rokke
> combat veteran

no disruptions?  why?  because lives are already disrupted enough in iraq?
why bother disrupting any more lives, especially those whose lives are
comfortable enough to be able to ignore what we're doing to everyone else
in the world.  perhaps that's why people think protests are sideline
activities, whereas wars are things to get behind (more action, less
standing around).

I think disruption is necessary, especially for change.  a system changes
when it can't accept a disruption into it's normal workings.  not
that the disruption needs to be violent in terms of bloody or physically
damaging (as bush is trying to do in iraq).  of course, the disruption
needs to be well thought out, and planned ahead.  civil disobedience and
forethought are powerful allies.

just another view, not a proposal.

brian