[Peace-discuss] Fwd:Re: 'Twas the night before war...

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Mon Mar 24 19:11:01 CST 2003

rec.humor.funny (moderated) #3644                                          [1] [1] 'Twas the night before war...
Reply-Path: jeeves at visar.com
From: jeeves at visar.com (David Deckert)
Date: Wed Mar 19 21:30:00 CST 2003

'Twas the night before war, and all through the homeland, Not a dissenter was stirring, by Ashcroft's command;
With Cheney all comfy, at an undisclosed location,
And Dubya on TV, destroying our nation.

The children were nestled, all duct-taped in beds,
While visions of dirty bombs danced in their heads;
Mamma and I listened to Dubya's obsession,
And then settled down for a long decade's recession.

When out on CSPAN there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the couch to see what was the matter.
I grabbed the remote and turned up the sound,
Expecting King George was about to be crowned.

The Congressman stirred, they seemed rather nervous, that George would announce the end of their service.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a presidential candidate, who looked oddly sincere.

A charming old lady, small but impressive,
I knew in a moment, she's a Progressive.
More rapid than eagles Dubya's coursers they came,
They whistled, and shouted, and doled out the blame.

"It's the liberals! The feminists! The gays, and that peacenik! It's the French!, and the atheists!, and that stupid Dixie Chick! They caused our crisis, not to mention the single moms.
Now get out of here lady, we've got a country to bomb!"

And then with a twinkling the old lady spoke,
Bush paced and he grimaced, his ears nearly smoked.
She talked of the future in her quiet calm way,
She talked about how, we all might live on that day.

The streams, how they twinkled! the lands how green!
The economy recovered, and new jobs to be seen.
The shouts continued, but she kept promoting her plan,
To change the whole world, over a twenty-year span.

Our dependence on oil causes no end of grief,
We must change our economy, was her ardent belief.
The middle class tax burden we could all bear,
If the companies based in Bermuda, would pay their fair share.

Bush stomped from the chamber and clenched his teeth, The smoke from his ears encircled his head like a wreath; I notice Perle's face, and a little round belly,
And how his jowls shook when enraged, like a bowlful of jelly.

I awoke on the couch from my short little doze,
On the TV I saw Dubya, still listing our foes.
The old lady who spoke was only a dream,
If a worthy candidate will run, remains to be seen.

The Democrats are spineless, the opposition a joke.
The media won't insult advertisers, and risk going broke. But the future can change, a wise man once wrote,
And I know one thing for certain, I can't wait to go vote.

--
Selected by Jim Griffith.  MAIL your joke (jokes ONLY) to funny at netfunny.com. If you "followup" a joke here, the posting goes to rec.humor.d.  If you wish to make another joke based on one you see here, mail it to funny at netfunny.com. If it's urgent, use topical at netfunny.com.   For commentary on jokes, simply participate in rec.humor.d

This joke's link: http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/03/Mar/warnight.html