[Peace-discuss] Mosque threatened

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 27 18:20:55 CST 2003

I saw the short blurb below on WCIA's web site. It doesn't seem like a major
threat if one takes this report at face value. Of course, we all know that
one shouldn't take corporate media at face value and if anyone has more info
on this, I'm sure many people on this list would be interested...

Urbana Mosque Threatened

The war prompted threats to mosque in a central Illinois.

"You hear me! The blood of them soldiers is on your hands."

That message was left on the answering machine at the Islamic Center in
Urbana Monday night, but the director says he`s not bothered by the threat.

Mujahid Al-Fayadh told 3 News "We feel that we are okay by our neighbors, by
the support of some people who we know over here. I think we`re okay."

Police traced the call and they`re investigating.