[Peace-discuss] re: thoughts on P4P- Some additional points

Ann-Marie Shapiro prairiewaves at insightbb.com
Sun Mar 30 08:51:48 CST 2003

I forgot to mention a couple of points:

1. I had an idea for supporting our own group during diffuse actions such as
leafletting in neighborhoods- we could join up beforehand, and then have a
small (not elaborate) celebratory "party" afterwards, so we all remember
that we are a large, powerful group of people.  We won't feel quite so
alone.  This change in tactics would be even more difficult than public
demonstrating, and we need to support each other more than ever.

2. This effort would have to be sustained AT LEAST until the next election,
shifting with events, but focused on and repeating specific critical
elements of truth.  The group could determine what those critical elements
would be, and this would also make it easier for everyone- because some
initial talking points and responses could be thought through ahead of time.
They would provide a skeleton for each individual to fill out as their
conscience dictates.

3.  We cannot rely on the media to give out our message- it will not happen
in a relevant timeframe for our needs.  We need to be the media ourselves,
as Jello stated at the rally.  I say, ignore the media entirely in this
town.  Our audience will be reached one person at a time, person-to-person,
I think.  Consider what your neighbor is feeling and thinking more than what
the DI or NG say.

Ann-Marie