[Peace-discuss] Town Meeting - AWARE panelist/helping hands

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Sat May 31 09:42:09 CDT 2003

John and I met with WILL yesterday regarding the town
meeting.  The town meeting focus will be 'civil
liberties'/the Patriot Act and security/safety
post-9/11.  July 2nd at the Champaign Public Library
seems to be set.  Out of the six panelists, they would
like someone from AWARE.  If you are interested in
being the AWARE panelist at the town meeting or if you
would really like to see a particular AWARE member as
a panelist, please email me at veganlinda at yahoo.com.
We will discuss this during the 'town meeting' section
of tomorrow's meeting, but I wanted to get people
thinking about it before tomorrow.

We will also need three people to help the WILL audio
person move audio equipment from WILL to the Champaign
Public Library and three people to help move the
equipment back after the hour - 90 minute town
meeting.  If you would like to help with audio
equipment, email me at veganlinda at yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Linda

=====
"I know you are smart and I know that you think you are doing what is best for me.  But if freedom is handled just your way then it's not my freedom or free."  Toni and Slade Morrison from their children's book "The Big Box"

"Well, I think it's much too late and I think things are much too bad for pessimism."  John Robbins