[Peace-discuss] Doug Rokke Tour on 'Depleted' Uranium - July 21-Aug 7; Interview with Dr. Asaf Durakovic on 'depleted uranium' available as mp3; May 29 - International DU Day

Charles Jenks charles at mtdata.com
Sat May 31 01:05:24 CDT 2003

Greetings -

We have three important announcements for those concerned with the use of
'depleted' uranium munitions.

DOUG ROKKE speaking tour - July 21-Aug 7

We are organizing another series of national speaking events with Major Doug
Rokke, Ph.D.  We're planning 12 events from July 21 to Aug 7, starting in
New York State. If your group is interested in hosting an event in your
locale, call Sunny Miller at 413-773-7427.

Traprock has organized speaking tours with Major Doug Rokke, Ph.D., through
10 states, as well as many media interviews.  We have worked with groups all
over the country to arrange the Doug Rokke events. The most recent event -
at Albany Medical College - was a huge success and led to a story by ABC
News.  We worked with local chapters of Peace Action, Physicians for Social
Responsibility and others. The audio of the talk (including a presentation
by Len Deitz) is available at http://traprockpeace.org/Rokketalk03May03.mp3

ASAF DURAKOVIC interview available as MP3 at http://traprockpeace.org:

Sunny Miller's May 19th interview  of Dr. Asaf Durakovic on 'depleted
uranium' in London is now available on the Traprock website -
http://traprockpeace.org/depleteduranium.html - as an mp3 file.

Dr. Durakovic is one of the worlds leading scientists on depleted uranium
and founder of the Uranium Medical Research Centre (http://www.umrc.net/).
We interviewed him shortly before his press conference on DU, which was
covered by the BBC.

The Traprock website - our home page and our DU campaign page at
http://traprockpeace.org/depleteduranium.html - is a primary resource for
original material concerning depleted uranium.  We have contributions from
experts in the field - Doug Rokke, Asaf Durakovic, Leuren Moret, Denise
Nichols and Dai Williams; important copies of government documents; a
compilation of media articles with breaking news; and extensive links.
We're updating material continually.  We welcome contributions  and
suggestions for links and collaborations.

INTERNATIONAL DU DAY - MAY 29

Finally, I was going to send out a notice on International DU Day - May 29 -
but here's a nice one from a student in Washington State.

Thank you, Charlie Jenks

Traprock Peace Center
103A Keets Road
Deerfield, MA 01342