[Peace-discuss] Fw: underwriting spot

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 18:04:24 CST 2003

I'm sorry, but I think ADM (one of the underwriters
that I hear daily on WILL) is very political.  It may
not be the NRA (I personally think ADM has more power
on every day lives of individuals in this country than
the NRA), but I don't think AWARE is the 'anti-NRA'.
They are not banning all 'political' groups or they
wouldn't allow anyone one to underwrite who has
lobbyists working for their 'benefit'....in other
words they would except no underwriting.

Linda

>     For WILL to be hypocritical in this case,
> wouldn't they have to be
> accepting those NRA submissions?  Come to think of
> it, I don't think
> I've ever heard an underwriting announcement with
> political
> ramifications on WILL at all.  And while we may not
> see political
> ramifications per se in peace and justice, remember
> that the Republican
> party and the corporate media have been working
> overtime for over a year
> to make it so in the eyes of the average American.
>
>     If WILL ever does actually start taking
> controversial underwriting,
> I wonder which side can afford more of it.
> Something to think about..?
>
>     I think WILL is covering its rear end a little
> too vigorously here,
> but having worked alongside Les and Debbie for years
> I can pretty well
> guess that it's not because they want to.  I think
> I'll wait for those
> NRA blurbs before I start accusing them of hypocrisy
> - these days,
> covering one's rear end can be a crucial component
> of pursuing one's
> public interest ideals.   -cmb

=====
Kindness and compassion towards all living things is a mark of a civilized society. Conversely, cruelty, whether if is directed against human beings or against animals, is not the exclusive province of any one culture or community of people. ... Racism, economic deprival, dogfighting and cockfighting, bullfighting and rodeos are cut from the same fabric: violence ... only when we have become non violent towards all life will we have learned to live well ourselves. Cesar Chavez, 1927-93 (letter, 12/90)