[Peace-discuss] Flag flap

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 10 13:31:03 CST 2003

Most white Americans are socialized to be racists.  We have to work
to get rid of the racism we learn as we grow up.  Many
African-Americans seem to have related well to Clinton.  Perhaps he
learned more about racism than some of his peers, and perhaps people
picked up on that.  But Clinton often showed promise on issues.
Unfortunately he rarely fulfilled the promise.

--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328

tel. 217-333-6519